Course Recommendations

Interested in making different choices to boost your success this semester?

Take the time to review your Spring 2024 schedule in light of your Fall 2023 performance. Please know your Academic Advisor and 49er Rebound College Representative are available to answer questions about your course schedule to ensure your academic success. Start strong this semester!

Consider the following issues and ask yourself whether you need to make course schedule adjustments:

  • Pre-requisites: If you are registered for a class and failed the prerequisite for that course, you must make a change. If you got a D, you should seriously consider whether continuing in the sequence is wise.
  • Course Load: Are you taking the right number of hours? Do you have a good balance between your academic commitments and those at work or home?
  • Play to Your Strengths: You must focus on improving your overall academic standing. If there are subjects in which you are likely to earn better grades, take those classes; if there are subjects that are problematic for you, consider taking them when you are back in good academic standing.
  • Social/Personal Life: Consider whether your social or personal life is contributing to or distracting from your academic performance. What changes do you need to make?
  • Financial Aid: If you receive financial aid, your academic performance may have affected your eligibility. Check with Niner Central about the rules of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  • Grade Replacement: If you repeat a course using the Grade Replacement policy, you can improve your academic record. You should be reasonably confident that repeating the course with a Grade Replacement will result in a significantly better grade.

Review the Grade Replacement Policy on Niner Central’s website. You may also review the policy in the Undergraduate Catalog. Students may use a maximum of two (2) grade replacements during their time at UNC Charlotte. To repeat a course in which you earned a grade of D or higher in your original attempt, you must first obtain a Repeat Course Override. Grade Replacement will automatically be applied for the first two courses (maximum of 8 credit hours) repeated where the previous grade earned was a C or below. You have until the withdrawal deadline for the term to either opt-out of using Grade Replacement or apply the Grade Replacement to a different course being repeated during the same term.

Contact your 49er Rebound College Representative with questions on how academic standing could affect your academic progression.